How to create E-mail signature in your Gmail account
E-mail is one of the basic tools for communication; they are one of the fastest ways to communicate between individuals. Though there are new ways of communication coming up like voice mail, email is still favored for its credibility. In the digital marketing world, email is one of the most favored methods for marketing. There are many email automation tools which you can use to create multimedia rich emails. But one of the simplest ways to send standard emails to potential customers or leads is by using an easy to create function in emails, the email signature.
We always use letterheads in our traditional mails for corresponding with potential leads or customers. In these letterheads we always give our contact information like address, phone no, e-mail etc., so that there are more ways for correspondence. Simply, we can say that E-mail signatures are letterheads of the web or internet. Just like in traditional mail, each e-mail that you send should include e-mail signatures to add trust and accountability to your business. E-mails are not like chat messages or text messages; they must be formal and credible. We would not do business with some individual or company who doesn’t have contact information apart from their email addresses.
With social media and blogs becoming extremely popular, we can also use these links in our email signatures for generating audience, using these links in email signatures are a great way to promote your business as they will help potential customers to contact your through other means.
What are e-mail signatures?
They are a bunch of text, like contact information or quote that are automatically inserted at the end of an email correspondence.
Steps to add e-mail signature in Gmail account:
1. Log on to your Gmail account.
2. Click the “gear” Icon from the upper right side of the screen.
3. Select “Settings” from the menu.
4. Find the “Signature” section from the settings menu, for that you have to scroll down until you find the section.
5. Unclick the “No signature” button, and click the button below that above the text box. Now you are ready to add your signature.
6. Add your signature: Just like in any other text editor, you have many options like Fonts, Text size, Add URL and Add Image. You can create underlined, bold and any other formats per your choice.
You can type your title, contact information, emails, websites and quotes etc. You can customize your signature by using the text formatting tools. A Signature should be formal and easy to the eyes; a distracting signature will look unprofessional.
7. Add Images: You can add images like profile image and if you want to add your social media links in your signature, you can upload social media icon images in your signature: but there is an issue, image hosting. The problem is that, if you want to add images in your signature, it should be available online. You cannot directly upload images from your computer and use it in the signature. There are different options available. If you have a website, then there will be free image hosting service in your hosting plan. You can also use variety of other services like Google+, blogger, PhotoBucket, Pixabay etc. If you are using images from the web, make sure that you are free to use them. Google provides one of the best cloud services “Google drive”; you can upload your images there and use them in your signatures.
- To add images, click the area with your mouse cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click “insert image” icon from the top of the text field. A new window box will open with three options.
- 1st option, you can directly upload images form your computer. These images will be stored in Google drive.
- 2nd option, you can use form already stored images in Google drive.
- 3rd option, you can copy the URL or location of the image from the hosting service you have chosen or you can copy the URL from services like Google+, Pixabay etc.
- Paste the URL in the text field; you will see the preview of the image.
- Image adjustment: If the image that you have inserted is large, then it will take too much space in the signature and it will not look nice also. To adjust the size of the image, click the image to open the size option. At the bottom of the image you will see four option “Small”, “Medium”, “Large”, and “Original size”. You can choose any of the options which will fit your criteria.
8. Add URL links: If you have a blog or a website, adding URLs to signature are a great way for promoting your work. You can also add social media links in your signature. People who are into blogging can add URL links to their new post; it is a nice way to promote your blog.
- To add URL links, click the area with your mouse curser where you want to insert the link. You can move cursor over social media icons to insert URL links.
- Click “link” icon from the top of the text field. A new window box will open.
- You can add the text that you want to display for the link in the “Text to display” field.
- Next, you can add the actual URL link to the “Web address” field. Alternately, you can also add email addresses by clicking the “Email address” option.
9. Check where you want your signature to appear: Click the box below the signature text field, so that your signature appears before quoted text in replies. If you leave the box unchecked then it shows up in the bottom of messages every time.
10. Save your signature: Finally the last step. After you have customized your signature and if you are happy with how your signature looks, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the settings menu. This will save your signature.
You can check if your E-mail signature works or not by sending mails to your alternate accounts. This is a simple and detailed tutorial for creating E-mail signature in Gmail account. If you find some issues while following this tutorial, please feel free to share your views in the comment section or mail me at : rafeanalytics(at)gmail(dot)com.